This city wide event starts this Thursday ( 7/12/12). I’ve seen the tents go up and the scenery made for some great Instagram shots ( thank you Fringe folks) – but what is this festival really? Just some crazy theater? Maniacal music shows? Contemporary art on steroids? I feel that after 4 years in the city, I really need to find out. I hope this blog post will provide some useful links and information for you as I plan my first Fringe experience in DC.
First stop: Fringe Festival website. First impression? Overwhelming. Can’t do it. Don’t know how to do it. Help.
Tickets: $17 single pass + one time mandatory Fringe admission button$5= $22. Doable. Even on a budget.
- DC Trash (play)- date night for good laughs (@ Fort Fringe)
- Beertown (play) – 2nd option for date night (@ Woolly Mammoth)
- Dead Man’s Mambo ( play) – 3rd option for date night (@ Redrum)
- Clown Cabaret ‘Delusions of Grandeur‘ – go with group of friends? (@ Fort Fringe)
- Flight of Fancy, a Steampunk Ballet – I’ll have to call my friend who recently said ‘I need more art in my life’ (@ Gala)
- Singlemarriedgirl ( play) – girls night out? (@ Gala)
- The Pundit– (play) Will rope my politico friends into going with me (@ Goethe)